The program prepares nurses for leadership in nursing and health field who can function as specialist nurse practitioners , consultants, educations, administrators and investigators in a wide variety of professional settings in meeting the national priorities and the changing needs of the society. The program prepares nursing graduates who are professionally equipped, creative, self directed and socially motivated to effectively deal with day to day problems within the existing constraints and this acts as an agent of social change. Further the program encourage accountability and commitment to life long learning which fosters improvement of quality care.
Passed B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) or Post certificate B.Sc. Nursing from R.G.U.H.S, Karnataka or any other university accepted as equivalent by RGUHS, Karnataka with not less than 55 % aggregate marks.
In respect of candidates’ belongings to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe, the aggregate marks obtained be not less than 50 % instead of 55 % as above.
Minimum of one year of experience after obtaining Basic B.Sc. Nursing or one year before or after Post B.Sc.
Duration of the course is 2 years. Nursing in a hospital or in Nursing education institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
- The candidate will have to appear for personal interview.
- Candidate should posse’s good health
- Candidates have to submit the original certificate of the qualifying examination at the time of admission which will be returned only after the completion of the course.
The duly filled application form should reach the principal college of nursing together with the following documents
- Three sets of attested xerox copy of the Marks List of S.S.L.C., 10+2/Pre University examination or equivalent examination Migration Certificate, T. C. & Conduct Certificate.
- The candidate should produce the Eligibility certificate issued by RGUHS, Bangalore at the time of admission. (However the college office will guide the student regarding the issue of eligibility certificate from RGUHS).
- Four recent Passport size photos of the applicant (One to be certified by registered Medical officer).
- One Self-addressed envelope ( 6″x4”) with stamp Rs. 25/-.
- The application & Prospectus can be obtained directly from the office by paying Rs. 300/- and by post Rs. 350/-.
- The DD should be in favor of ” Infant Jesus Educational and Charitable Trust (R) payable at Bangalore
- Medical Surgical Nursing.
- OBG Nursing.
- Psychiatric Nursing.
- Community Health Nursing.
- Pediatric Nursing.