Diploma in Nursing (G.N.M)
The nurses completing this course will be able to: Demonstrate awareness and skills required in the Nursing Process in the provision of health care and Nursing of Patients. They will be competent to: – Assess the nursing needs of individuals, families and communities throughout life, from birth to death. – Plan appropriate action to meet their needs through competent safe nursing care. – Take appropriate action to help people retain or sustain their best possible level of health in all its aspects. – Work with other members of the health team and community in promotion of health prevention of illness, restoration of health and rehabilitation. – Evaluate effectiveness of nursing and health care activities.
Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years.
10+2 class passed preferably Science (PCB) & English with aggregate of 40% marks.
10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board from the school and recognized by Indian Nursing Council with 40% marks.
- The candidate will have to appear for personal interview.
- Candidate should posse’s good health
- Candidates have to submit the original certificate of the qualifying examination at the time of admission which will be returned only after the completion of the course.
The duly filled application form should reach the principal college of nursing together with the following documents
- Three sets of attested Xerox copy of the Marks List of S.S.L.C., 10+2/Pre University examination or equivalent examination Migration Certificate, T. C. & Conduct Certificate.
- The candidate should produce the Eligibility certificate. (However the college office will guide the student regarding the issue of eligibility certificate from RGUHS).
- Four recent Passport size photos of the applicant (One to be certified by registered Medical officer).
- One Self-addressed envelope (6″x4”) with stamp Rs. 25/-.
- The application & Prospectus can be obtained directly from the office by paying Rs. 300/- and by post Rs. 350/-.
- The DD should be in favor of ” Infant Jesus Educational and Charitable Trust (R) payable at Bangalore.