B.PT course is offered on a full time basis. The course uses a hands on approach that puts emphasizes on client centered, inter professional and evidence based practice. InYear I, we will focus on basic human biosciences &on developing an understanding of the foundation of the human engineering system and the role of health professionals in health / welfare sectors. In Year II, student’s begins to develop physiotherapy skills and further explore the biosciences like pathology & pharmacology. By the III&IV years, students will be able to apply their knowledge & practical skills to physiotherapy management for disorders across the life – span. During the pre-clinical semesters, students develop the practical aspects of physiotherapy through simulated learning environment and by practicing on each other.
A Candidate seeking admission to first year Bachelor in Physiotherapy (BPT):
i) Should have passed two year Pre University examination conducted by Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka State, or Two year Pre University Examination recognised by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences/ Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 45 % aggregate marks.
In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes is 40 %.
- 1. The candidate will have to appear for personal interview.
- 2. Candidate should posse’s good health
- 3. Candidates have to submit the original certificate of the qualifying examination at the time of admission which will be returned only after the completion of the course.
- 4. The duly filled application form should reach the principal college of nursing together with the following documents
- 1) Three sets of attested xerox copy of the Marks List of S.S.L.C., 10+2/Pre University examination or equivalent examination Migration Certificate, T. C. & Conduct Certificate.
- 2) The candidate should produce the Eligibility certificate issued by RGUHS, Bangalore at the time of admission.( However the college office will guide the student regarding the issue of eligibility certificate from RGUHS).
- 3) Four recent Passport size photos of the applicant (One to be certified by registered Medical officer).
- 4) One Self addressed envelope ( 6"x4”) with stamp Rs. 25/-.
- 5) The application & Prospectus can be obtained directly from the office by paying Rs. 300/- and by post Rs. 350/-.
- 6) The DD should be in favor of " Infant Jesus Educational and Charitable Trust (R) payable at Bangalore
- BPT Course Scope in Private Sector
- Physiotherapist are completely able to cure a wide rage of disease and disorder with the help of advanced equipment. This make them highly demanded in many fields of the private sectors such as:
- 1) Rehabilitation Centers
- 2) Offices
- 3) Factories
- 4) Sports Clubs
- 5) Clinics
- 6) Schools
- 7) Fitness Centres
- 8) Hospitals
- BPT holders have many career opportunities in private sectors. They can also word in schools, fitness centres and sports clubs as Assistant Physiotherapist, Customer Care Assistant and Research Assistant, Therapy Manager etc.
- BPT Course Scope in Government Sector
- A skilled physiotherapist holding BPT degree has a number of job opportunities also in the government sectors. They can work in teaching field as a lecturer. They can also word as a physiotherapist in government hospitals. The following are other government sector for BPT holders:
- 1) Healthcare Institutions
- 2) Public Educational Institutions
- 3) Government Hospitals
- 4) School for the Mentally Retarded and Physically Disabled Children
- 5) Defence Medical Establishments
- 6) Sports Training Facilities
- 7) Rehabilitation Centers
- 8) Community Health Centres
- 9) Universities and Colleges