Semester scheme: The Course of study is 3 years of six semesters.
A candidate shall complete his/her degree within six (6) academic years from the date of his/her admission to the first semester.
- 1. To facilitate education and training in Professional Social Work to those desirous of making a career in the field of Social work.
- 2. To sustain and enhance its excellence as an outstanding department in teaching, training, research, consultancy and extension to produce well-evolved graduates with tremendous ability to provide leadership in the society and world at large.
- 3. To provide opportunities, knowledge, Skills, attitudes and values appropriate to work with individuals, groups, communities, organizations and social movements.
- 4. To promote integration of theory and practice.
- 5. To provide inter disciplinary collaboration for better understanding of social, economic and political structures.
- 6. To provide a framework to the learners to work towards realization of universal rights of citizens and equal share of resources.
- 7. To promote among learners a sense of dedication and commitment for disadvantaged sections of the society.
- 8. To provide opportunities for students for personal growth and transformation.
- Candidates who have completed 10 + 2/ Pre-University course of any State/Board or its equivalent are eligible for admission into this course.
- The medium of instruction shall be English. However, a candidate will be permitted to write the examination either in English or in Kannada.